aaaaand fixed minor bug from yesterday. reloading the scene but still using Time.time (time since game start) so changed to Time.timeSinceLevelLoad. easy peasey. told ya.
fixed main menu to work with mouse selection again (fade-from-black image was blocking mouseovers) but now controller/keyboard input doesn’t work…
fixed keyboard/controller menu input. it actually WAS selecting with kb/controller, just wasn’t visibly highlighting. this was because of the MenuButtonColor script! needing that script was actually a workaround for another bug: highlighting text didn’t work properly because I hadn’t set the “Target Image” in the button inspector to be the Text (I didn’t think it was considered an “image”). after doing that, MenuButtonColor wasn’t necessary, and removing it fixed the highlighting using keyboard/controller. apart from building out options and sandbox (and any other) menu controls down the road, the menu is done. it’d be nice if it faded to black after selecting an object but I’ve spent too much time on trying to get that to work and will revisit it later (much later).
discovered tiny sliver of menu “lost highway” road was cut off on the bottom. lowered near occlusion culling value on camera to fix. lowered far occlusion culling value as well, as we don’t need to see far.
played with menu lighting and road textures to make it look a little better (still a lot of banding as the light falls off)
moved build version to the lower left of the menu, and made it a little bigger.
implemented/tested collision detection! now we can lose two ways! yay!
cleaned up redundancies between collision and out-of-time handlers to make one “lose” handler for both.
other code clean up
tried to fade in sounds along with start screen fade, but car audio volumes are handled in car code so this method didn’t work.